Line of Business Applications
Line of business application are applications that are designed with the mindset and are specific to, that company’s business or industry. They are designed to aid the minutia of the processes that are key to the running of your operations, and are usually mission critical to the running of the business.
For example, if your business is a services company, then key processes for you could be: estimation creation, proposal generation, job schedule planning, tracking of time, invoicing for time. These process would then make up the “Operations” of your business, and so software that support these operations would be “line of business” software.
Not only would you use the data recorded in these applications to allow your employees to record and act on this data on a day to day basis, but the accumulated data could be used to analyse and identify problem areas and opportunities for improvement. This could be achieved through reports and metrics either built in to the software or created by another tool such as Crystal Reports to pull the information out of the system.
For example, in the above example business, I might like to know the following:
- How much administrative time do we spend each week?
- What types of tasks do we typically over/under-estimate?
- What is the typical ratio of jobs scheduled/ worked a day?
- Which sales staff are strong at estimation? Which need improvement?
- How can we know if we’re ahead/behind on a given project before we come to a milestone/deliverable?
- What is the profit per project?
- What is the cost to us of each service delivered?
- What percentage of time are our drivers utilised?
- What is the average time for an order to be processed from start to finish?
- What services are selling most/least?
We understand that a software/hardware solution needs to add value to your company and help to accelerate your people’s productivity.
We have many years of working with companies in diverse markets industry sectors, so understanding your business needs is what we are focussed on. We also understand the importance attached to a software solution that . We may be all about the code, but we’re also all about clarity too.
We at codeherence can build an application to cover the line of business you operate and can draw from the experience of having written other applications across a wide variety of industries and can create the perfect tools for your company’s requirements, no matter how complex.
Other applications we have written have involved order processing, job costing, resource control, manufacturing/factory operations, EPOS systems integrating to tills and scanners/weight scales), document management plus many more.
EPOS (Electronic Point of Sale)
Touch Screen terminals
Hand Held Scanners